The Chiller Theatre – Toy, Model and Film Expo – will take place later this week (April 26 – 28) at the Sheraton in Parsippany, N.J.
With the immense popularity of vampires, werewolves and monsters (oh my!) on television, the big-screen and in books, it is no wonder this year could very well be the best year for the “Chiller and Horror” market ever. The Chiller Theatre event, held since 1990, brings out a colorful and mysterious band of horror followers who dress up in outfits ranging from Star Trek to the newest Vampire movies to the classic Nightmare on Elmstreet’s Jason. You will not be disappointed, if not a little amazed at the preparation and thought that goes into this horrifying affair. The guest list is huge and includes horror favorites, musical guests and veteran celebrities like James Tolkan (The Amityville Horror), Barry Bostwick (The Rocky Horror Picture Show), Tara Buck (True Blood), Laurene Landon and many, many more. Check out the guest list on the Chiller site and in the following photo:
The popularity of this event and the regard thrill-seekers have for this genre begs the question:
Why do we love to be scared?
In a recent article by mega-famous horror author Stephen King, entitled “Why We Crave Horror Movies,” the renowned author states three main reasons for unrelenting attraction to all things horror.
- We are all a little insane.
- Horror movies make us feel normal.
- We go to show ourselves we can make it through the latest bloodfest.
To show that we can, that we are not afraid, that we can ride this roller coaster. Which is not to say that a really good horror movie may not surprise a scream out of us at some point, the way we may scream when the roller coaster twists through a complete 360 or plows through a lake at the bottom of the drop. And horror movies, like roller coasters, have always been the special province of the young; by the time one turns 40 or 50, one’s appetite for double twists or 360-degree loops may be considerably depleted
DonnaInk Publications (www.donnaink.org) is a strong supporter of the horror genre and has many books for you to choose from, which will leave readers feeling like something might be lurking under their bed. Visit our website, if you dare, and choose from our selection of horror and thriller titles, which is constantly growing!
Presently, our horror titles include:
- A Thorn in the Rose – Author Lanaia Lee – pre-release
- And, the Dead Shall Rise – Author M. Frederic Jennings – pre-release
- Avengers of the Ancients – Author Lanaia Lee – pre-release
- Haunted Hotel – Author Bradley Latham – released
- Labyrinth of Oblivion – Author Lanaia Lee – pre-release
- Paradox Five – Author Lanaia Lee – pre-realease
- Resurrection and the Ravaged Sky – Author Lanaia Lee – pre-release
- Summoned Secrets – Author W.P. Rigler – pre-release
- Terror’s Taste – Author W.P. Rigler – pre-release
- The Chosen – Author Lanaia Lee – pre-release
- TIN TALES – Author Bill Moorefield – released
- To Be His Soulmate – Author Lyn Gibson – pre-release
- Wolfen: Bloodlines – Author S.P. Adkins – released
Also, fantasy titles including:
- Reality’s Plaything – Author Will C. Greenway – pre-release
- Small World – Author Ged Plet – pre-release
- The Rune Snatcher and the Mystery Clown – Author Albert Cho – pre-release
And, we are closing negotiations with Michael Leonard for his title,
- Ryvah – Plight of the Fairies – Author Michael Leonard – pre-release